Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Belles 'n Whistles Color Challenge

Hi Everyone!

Today I have a card I made as a Guest Designer (Woohoo!) for Belles 'n Whitles' Challenge that started this week. So exciting, my first time as a guest designer, which I won for my "Letters to Santa" card. This is a color challenge using red, yellow, and blue. This is what I came up with.



Not exactly the bright primary colors, but still red, yellow, and blue! The stamp I used is "Planting some Love" that I won on the Elisabeth Bell World Challenge blog for my Letters to Santa card. I was able to get 4 new stamps with my gift certificate (plus a couple of $1).

I used K & Co Watercolor papers (love these) and colored the image with my Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits. There's lots of other details that I will post on SCS's in my gallery.


Blessings!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. This card is adorable dear Kathy !!!
    Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER!! This is such a gorgeous design!! I love your soft coloring and your decorative edge looks stunning!! Fabulous design!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the color combination, and the punch you chose for your border goes so nicely on this card. I have that punch and rarely use it...need to get it out...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!