Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cardinal Ornament - Flourishes

Hi there!

I've been busy making Christmas cards and gifts. I thought I would show you an ornament I made as a gift for a family member. I love cardinals and have a couple of stamps, but just bought this one from Flourishes as part of the "Christmas Classics" stamp set. I love this set! I bought this ornament at Michaels for 1/2 price and I wish I bought more of them. There's so many things you can put in it and it makes a nice gift!

Here's the ornament:


I love gold and red together, it's so pretty together. Here's a closeup of the picture:


For ingredients:

Stamps: Christmas Classics (Flourishes)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Ornament frame (Michaels), nailheads metal stickers (Michaels), Glad Tidings rub-ons (K&Co), Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits, rhinestone flower, ribbon.

That's it for now! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings!

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW, Kathy, girl, this is absolutely breathtaking!!! Those are the colors of my Christmas tree.....love it! I might have to try to make one. Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The cardinal looks gorgeous in that frame. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!