Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Corner Bookmark - Flourishes FTTC157

Happy Sunday!

I decided to join in on the latest challenge at Flourishes - FTTC157 - make a corner bookmark.  I've seen this, but hadn't tried it out yet.  I'm glad I did, very easy to make and would make a nice gift!

I would LIKE to make a bunch of these for the ladies at my Bible study, but there are a LOT of ladies!  We'll have to see how that goes!

The blue paper is actually darker and more of a navy than the royal blue as it looks here.  It looks a lot nicer in real life!





I couldn't decide which picture to show you, so I'm showing you all 3!

I used the tutorial on Split Coast Stampers in the Resource section done by Beate Johns, you can find it here

I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils and tried something a little different.  I did a base of white pencil on the flower before adding the blue.  I'm not sure I like it, it changes the color too much from what I wanted.    I checked out pictures of real pansies online and found gorgeous one that was mostly white with dark blue highlights on the base and tip of the petals.  This definitely isn't how it came out, but I'll try it again in the future.  I also noticed in the real pictures that the "fifth" petal underneath was usually a solid darker color, which I tried to do here.  I'm just a little detailed, LOL!

The ingredients used:

Stamps: A Year in Flowers 1 (Flourishes)
Paper: White (PTI), Typhon (Bazzills), Watercolor Bouquet (K&Co).
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine)
Accessories: Fleur de Lis Squares, Classic Petal Edgeabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon (Micheals), adhesive pearls (Michaels & Want2Scrap), Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Blessings!

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I enjoy doing these too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning bookmark Kathy! Those flowers are oh so pretty! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, your coloring looks wonderful! So does the rest of the bookmark. It's beautiful!
    Thanks so much for participating in the challenge.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bookmark Kathy! It was so nice to see you again. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!