Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Elphine House Australia Color Challenge

Hi there!

It's time for another challenge at Elphine House Australia!  This time it's a color challenge using Easter or pastels colors.  You can use any Elisabeth Bell image for your creation, not just Elphine House Australia.  The winner will be chosen by random.org and will receive 2 stamps of their choice!

Here is my take on the challenge:




I decide to use one of EHA's new stamps called "It's a Boy".  Isn't this adorable, cute little man with a cute little one?  I colored the image with my Prismacolor Pencils and mineral spirits.  I had some fun with my stylus this time to create a little texture before I applied the pencil color.  I did lines on his hair and pants, argyle on his sweater, and dots on his tie.  I've had these designer papers from K & Co. for a long time, about time I used them!

For ingredients used:

Stamps: It's a Boy (EHA), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU)
Paper: Itsy Bitsy Baby Boy Designer Paper (K&Co.), blue (DCWV Cardstock Pack), yellow & orange (Bazzill's Earthtones Mat Stack), white (Georgia Pacific)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine), Banana Bliss (Powder Puffs)
Accessories: Brads, star & wood buttons, ribbons (Michaels), Labels Eight Nestibilities (Spellbinders), square punch (SU), pearl cotton thread (DMC), stylus, Prismacolor pencils, mineral spirits, Bow-Easy


Hope to see you join in on the challenge this next 2 weeks!

Blessings!

Kathy




4 comments:

  1. Hello dear Kathy!! WOW!! This is absolutely STUNNING!! I adore that image and your soft color palette here!! Such a beautiful layout too!! I will be missing you friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow what a beauty Kathy ;o)
    Love the stamp (I still need to ink it up) and your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Kathy! Your work is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. What a blessing to share the love of the Lord through your lovely art. I'd LOVE to follow you and have you follow me, and get to know you better. I also have a Christian challenge blog, and I would be SO HONORED and blessed if you'd consider linking up in our challenges. Please visit my blog and my challenge blog, and I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous art work!
      Hugs,
      Karen L
      karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
      www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Simply a beautiful card! I love your color combination too :) Thank you for leaving such kind and beautiful comments on my blog. It truly has made my day :) Happy Easter weekend to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!