Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Heartfelt Creations Inspiration

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some more inspiration using Heartfelt Creations stamps, dies, and designer papers!  This week I have 2 different cards to show you, each using a different collection.  On the first card, "Pomegranates in Blue", I used the Classic Editions Collection.






These are pomegranates that I turned into blueberries.  The berry on the right is popped up using the matching die.  I added some of the Organic Fillers off to the side to add a little more interest.  These were fun to work with to "fill" things in!  Instructions for all these cards are at the end of the post and can also be seen on the Heartfelt Creations Blog along with all the other designer's gorgeous creations for this week!  Also, if you want a better view of my cards, just click on the picture!

The second card, "Wedding Day", is from the Garden Romance Collection





This was very simple to make...no coloring on this one!  I just heat embossed the "On" with silver embossing powder, punch out the middle of the "O" and popped it up with the "your wedding day" on paper underneath.  It's much prettier in real life with all the sparkle!

I'm submitting the "Pomegranates in Blue" card to the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #154 - make a birthday card in honor of them celebrating their 3rd Birthday!  Happy Birthday!!!

I'm also submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #44, use Scripture or uplifting sentiments.


Next week, Heartfelt Creations will be releasing the "Delicate Asters Collection" and I will have a creation from it to show you.  There is a sneak peak on the HC Blog if you would like to see it.  This Collection is STUNNING!  The stamps, dies, and the designer papers are all so gorgeous!  I honestly had a hard time cutting the papers they're so beautiful!!!

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by!  I hope you found some joy and inspiration here!  I really love, love, love what I do and I hope you do too!

Blessings!

Kathy



Pomegranates in Blue

PCPC 3363 – Inspire Me Sentiments PreCut Set
HCD 724 – Classic Editions Dies
HCPD1-224 – Classic Editions Paper Collection
Product ID:159723 – Art Institute Glue – Dries Clear

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Capers (Bazzills), blue (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Labels 23 Grand, Labels 13, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Classic Ovals Large (Spellbinders), Triad Leaves Embossing Folder (Sizzix), pop dots, white pearl cotton thread (DMC), ribbon (Michaels), adhesive pearls (Want-2-Scrap), spacer beads (Michaels), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Indanthrone Blue, Moss Green, Kelp Green

Instructions:
Card base: Cut Capers cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", score at 4 1/4", and fold.  Emboss front with Triad Leaves Embossing Folder.  Die cut green designer paper with Labels 23 Grand and add to base with pop dots. 

Image: On Solar White cardstock with Onyx Black Ink, stamp pomegranate vine and 1 pomegranate from Organic Fillers Set and color with pencils as desired.  Cut pomegranate vine with Classic Ovals Die, cut 1 pomegranate with matching die, and add to image with pop dot.  With blue paper, cut scalloped oval and glue to back of image.  Add image to base with pop dots.

Embellishments: On Solar White cardstock with Onyx Black Ink, stamp 1 stem spray and 2 berry clusters, color with pencils and cut with match dies.  Cut 2 holly sprays with die.  Arrange all around side of image as shown and glue in place.  Make bow with Bow-Easy and glue to card.  Stamp sentiment on Solar White with Black Onyx and cut with Labels 13.  Add thread to sentiment making a bow, add pearl, and add to card.  Add blue spacer beads and pearls as shown.
************

Wedding Day

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:


Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Stormy Gray (Coredinations)
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Ornate Flower & Frame Embossing Folder (Sizzix), 1” Circle Punch (EKSuccess), 1 1/2" Circle Punch (Marvy), Classic Scalloped Ovals Large, Classic Ovals Large, Floral Ovals (Spellbinders), Metallic Silver Opaque Embossing Powder (Recollections), heat gun, pop dots, glue, organdy white ribbon , button (Jo-Ann’s), 1/2 pearl (SU Pretties Kit), pearl swirl (Recollections)

Instructions:
Card base: Cut white cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2” and score at 4 1/4".  For mat, cut Stormy Gray cardstock 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”, emboss with folder, wrap and cross ribbon around mat on left side and tape down.  Glue mat to base.

Image: Stamp sentiment and “On” on white cardstock separately with VersaMark and heat emboss with embossing powder.  Punch out sentiment with 1 1/2" punch.  Die cut “On” with Classic Ovals Die and punch out center of “O” with 1 “ Circle punch.  Add sentiment circle under die cut with pop dots as shown.  Add gray die cut made with Classic Scalloped Ovals Large to image with pop dots.  Die cut Floral Oval with white and glue to gray die cut.  Add all to card base with pop dots.

Embellishments:  Make box with Bow-Easy.  Add to card as shown.  Add clear button and 1/2  pearl to bow center.  Add pearl swirls.
 

11 comments:

  1. Kathy: I don't know which I enjoyed more - your beautiful card or your lovely post. I feel the same way about the verses I was able to learn as a child that are forever hidden in my heart. Many of them were songs I learned that had scripture in them, and sometimes I sing them in my head to recall the verse. Thanks for sharing this. And yes, I did think they were blueberries...LOL. It really is quite beautiful, and as always...I'm SO grateful to have you share with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Love the blue on the berries! Look good enough to eat!


    Thanks for playing @ Word Art Wednesday! We appreciate your sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy!! WOW!! Two very elegant designs here!! Love the die cuts along with your gorgeous sentiments!! Beautifully done my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards as always!! I love both cards, very elegant!! The coloring on the blueberries is exceptional!!! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kahty! So glad you could join us this week at SSiC! Your card is absolutely lovely! I love all the embossing and the wonderful dies you used! Both cards are beautiful but I especially like the "blueberry" one!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kathy,

    BOTH your cards are LOVELY. I think the blue pomegranates jump right out, and your supporting elements and loving touches are truly evident of the TLC you put into your little artworks.

    So glad I came to visit!
    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are very beautiful! Love the colors on both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. Love the bright blue on the first. And I love what you did with the second, with that see through hole on the O.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us on WAW.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful birthday card! Thank you for joining our "Birthday Blog Hop" challenge at SSiC! ~H
    I love your wedding card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a romantic wedding card! Love the little touches you put on it! Patsy from
    HeARTworks and
    papemelroti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!