Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, May 2, 2013

CottageCutz Garden Hello



Happy Thursday everyone!

It's time for me to share a CottageCutz creation with you!  Today I have a wall hanging I call "Garden Hello".

Click on photo for a better view!


I used lots of beatiful CottageCutz Dies and Secret Garden Designer Papers from Graphic 45 to make this. The base is a page from a 8" x 8" scalloped chipboard album I got at Michaels. I covered it with an off-white designer paper (dp) that has crack lines on it and added a piece of peach dp to look like the side of a house. The outside border is a piece of the designer paper that I trimmed out the center of leaving just the border. Under the top of the border, I placed a piece of striped dp that was punched with a scalloped border on it. Under the bottom of the border, I added a picket fence using the Picket Fence Border Die and peach dp. I inked the edges a little and placed green dp under it.

All these pieces were glued together and added to the chipboard with Mod Podge. After letting it dry well, I trimmed the out side edge of the paper to match the scallop on the chipboard. (Note: Next time I do, this I will trace the chipboard shape on the back of the dp with pencil and trim it before adhering to the chipboard!)

The Garden Bird Branch was cut with the green dp and the 2 birds in it were cut with the peach and glued in place.

For the branch along the fence, I used the Bluebird Die with green dp, shaped it and tucked it in in the fence a little. The flowers on the 2 branches are from the Blossom Branch Die that I cut using peach dp and Solar White. I shaped these with my tool kit and mat and inked them.

For the window, I used the Springtime Window Die and cut it with green dp. The image in the window is a piece from the dp that I trimed to fit. I added the birdcage in peach dp and 2 birds all from the Birdcage & Stand Die. On the bottom of the window I added a piece of lace and mini pompom trim (a sample from Really Reasonable Ribbon) with Scor-tape.

Here's a little close up for you.

Click on photo for a better view!


The little flower pots are from the Springtime Window Die that I cut with the green and peach dp and some Solar White and terra cotta color papers I had in my scraps folder.

For finishing touches, I added liquid pearls to flower centers, added twine bows and adhesive pearls.  The chipboard tag, from Secret Garden, was added to the bottom with a tiny piece of the Moss Ribbon.  Moss Ribbon was added to the back to use as a hanger and them covered with paper to finish.

Here are the dies I used on my project.










 
 
 
Project recipe:
 
Paper: Secret Garden (Graphic 45), Vintage Rose (Colorbok), Old Olive, Solar White (Neenah), terra cotta (DCWV)
Ink: Mocha Mama, Green With Envy (Powder Puffs), Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Accessories: Buttercup Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Moss Seam Binding, mini pompom trim (Really Reasonable Ribbon), White Twine (May Arts), Mod Podge, brush, sand paper, adhesive pearls ( Want-2-Scrap, Kaiser Kraft), lace, scalloped border punch, Secret Garden chipboard tag (Graphic 45), 8" x 8" scalloped chipboard album (Michaels)
 
 
I'm submitting this to the following challenges:
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you like my Garden Hello Wall Hanging!
 
Blessings!
 
Kathy 


16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. A great work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty, love all the die cuts and super colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute, love the DP and colors you used together and an adorable scene too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy,
    The understatement of the week would be to say that this is a masterpiece. The soft peach tones are welcoming but the plaid fence is unique. It is one of the nicest pages I have ever seen.
    We appreciate and thank you, for taking time out your day to post this beautiful project at Word Art Wednesday,
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous piece of art. Love it Kathy. Thankyou for sharing this with the Allsorts Challenge this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Kathy and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful Kathy and such a gorgeous colour palette.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just loving this color combination, Kathy. So many soft, gorgeous elements here too. It turned out just beautifully, and I thank you once again for sharing with us this week. It's always such a joy to see your lovely work. Love it!
    By the way, thanks again for Guest Designing for us. You did an amazing job and it was such a blessing to have you with us. God bless you as you continue to create for your DT projects and use your talents to bless others.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. This project is AMAZING! I feel like such an amature next to this gorgeous creation I love the colors and the expert use of so many dies. there is so much going on here and yet nowhere near too much this is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my this is just the sweetest scene, just love the branch with the birds, cute window and with that little flower pot it just tops it all off so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Really Reasonable Ribbon this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful...and such amazing detail. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty! I just love how you've created the adorable little window full of fun! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for playing along in the Simon Says Stamp Happy Mail Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really beautiful and the colour combo is perfect :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!