Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Friday, July 12, 2013

CottageCutz Bella Spring Tree





Hi there!

Today I have a center-step card using the Bella Spring Tree, Picket Fence Border and Birdcage & Stand Dies from CottageCutz!

 


This tree is so cute!  I cut it with the Iced Cocoa and Reflecting Pool papers, trimmed off the flowers from the Reflecting Pool and added them to the Iced Cocoa tree.  The birds were cut from both papers using the Birdcage & Stand Die.  These were all glued to the Natural White mat that was embossed with the Rosa EF (Cuttlebug).  I like having the diecuts against white or cream, but still giving it a little texture from the embossing folders. 

The three panel were done with the Iced Cocoa, embossing the two sides with the Rosa Border EF.  The Picket Fence Border was cut with Reflecting Pool paper and then embossed with Square Lattice EF.

I added pearls, bow, button and sentiment to finish it!

Here is a side view of the card.




Here are the dies I used:


 





Card recipe:

CottageCutz Die: Bella Spring Tree, Picket Fence Border, Birdcage & Stand
Stamp: Noteworthy (SU)
Paper: Natural White (Neenah), Iced Cocoa, Reflecting Pool (Coordinations)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine)
Accessories: Bow-Easy, Havana Brown Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (SU), Rosa and Rosa Border Embossing Folders (Cuttlebug), button, fiber, adhesive pearls, word window punch, modern label punch (SU)

*** Instructions for making the center-step card can be found here on Split Coast Stampers.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

Blessings!

Kathy



 

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty, just love the flowers and bird in the tree and great embossed background for it also, your bow is just perfect. I cut out a tree from my cricut that is about this size but wasn't sure what to do with it, this is such wonderful inspiration, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the card folds, this is my very favorite, and you have done such a fabulous job on this card. Like the colors and how you put the fence across the bottom...the embossing, and the beautiful bow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the directions for making the card folds? I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I add the link for the center-step card above in my post. Thanks! Kathy

      Delete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!