Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Cup of Latte and Boxwood Vine Wreath

Happy Thursday!

Today I have two projects to show you!  First, is a card using the Boxwood Vine Wreath die and stamps.




I cut the die pieces using pink, green, and brown card stock.  After cutting the banner in pink, I stamped it with the "Merry Christmas" stamp from the set in black ink.  The pieces were shaped and inked before assembling.  I arranged them all on a white snowflake embossed background to make it all pop.

The second project is a gift card holder that I made using the Cup of Latte and Fancy Envelope Dies. Here is one side with the latte cups.  (The green is a little brighter in the picture than it should be, it's actually the same green as in the card.)




Here is the other side with the flap and velcro enclosure.



The Fancy Envelope base is cut with Certainly Celery card stock.  The pieces are cut with white, pink card stock, and the Merry Little Christmas designer paper by My Mind's Eye.  I then added a little lace, twine, and buttons to embellish it.

These are the dies I used on my projects.








CottageCutz Dies: Fancy Envelope, Cup of Latte, Boxwood Vine Wreath
Stamp: Boxwood Vine Wreath
Paper: White, Certainly Celery (SU), Pink Diamond, Sugar n Spice, Fudgesicle (Coredinations), Merry Little Christmas (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Victorian Velvet (Ranger)
Accessories: Snowflake #8 Embossing Folder (Sizzix), twine, lace, Bow-Easy, buttons, velcro

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Lovely decorating of the wreath and sweet card holder, front and back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!