Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Easter - CottageCutz


Happy Wednesday!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!  Today I have an Easter card for you using 3 of the new Garden Delight Dies from The Scrapping Cottage!



I've used the Garden Floral Frame, Garden Delight Butterflies, and the Garden Butterfly Vine.  All the pieces were die cut with white card stock and colored with chalk inks (Aloe Vera & Pink Grapefruit VersaMagic) and make up applicators.  This is a quick technique I like to use sometimes on the more "lacy" type dies.  It doesn't need to be perfect, just add some color wherever you like!

Here is a close up of the beautiful dies:




I glued the die pieces to a white mat that was stamped with a sentiment and embossed with a folder.  I then added a mat using Lime Granita (Coredinations) and popped it on a white card base.   The butterfly was slightly shaped with my fingers, glued down by the body only so the wings came up and decorated with a little bit of Diamond Stickles on the edges.  White Opal Pearls were also added to the butterfly body and flower centers.  To finish the card, I added a small bow and adhesive pearl.

These are the dies I used:






Card recipe:

Stamps: Well Scripted (SU)
Paper: White (Recollections), Lime Granita (Coredinations)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Aloe Vera, Pink Grapefruit (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Doily Lace Embossing Folder (Darice), adhesive pearl, White Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy Tool, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Diamond Stickles (Ranger)

I'm submitting this to the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #123 - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is breathtaking. So soft and springlike and very, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Kathy, stunning card, love your beautiful colors, embossing and those pretty flowers.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love your soft colors on the dies and the extra sparkle is so pretty, makes for lovely framing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such dainty dies and soft colors. The card is outstanding. This is a beautiful work of art and I thank God you shared your talent with us this week at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so soft and beautiful, Kathy. I love the pressure embossing, and the gorgeous soft tones. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Kathy, and you know that this is my favorite color combo...smile...great embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! I wish I had these die cuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!