Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Festive Christmas Collection - Heartfelt Creations


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for the new release for August, the Festive Christmas Collection!

The 2014 Festive Christmas Collection has JUST RELEASED. Warm shining candles, cozy bethlehem scenes, script ornaments and doves as elegant and peaceful as a snowy Christmas evening capture the elegance, festivity and real meaning that Christmas is about. But the best thing of it all is that there’s something for everyone in this collection. There are limited quantities available!! Get the Festive Christmas Collection here: http://www.heartfeltcreations.us/product-list?secondary=158.

Christmas is a couple of months away, but now is the time to start preparing for the festive seasons! Sometimes the best thing to do for someone to show them how much you care is simply create something beautiful for them.

The designer papers for the collection are the traditional red and green, but I decided on something a little different for this week...pink and green!




I used Natural White paper and heat embossed the images with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel.  I then colored the images with inks and make up applicators.  This is the same look I've done a few times lately with blues and greens.  I love how it comes out and it's a lot faster to color than pencils.  Here's another angle of the card to help you see it a little better.  You can also click on the photo for a closer look.




Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week using the new collection!  Emma Lou also has a new video for you showing you a couple of fun techniques.  

In case you missed my last post, HC is also doing a Design Team Call for new designers and voting for the current designers that you would like to continue till August 29th.  (Read more about it here.)  As I had said in my post, I'm not included in the voting this time as I'm now considered a Contributing Designer.  For the past few months I have been working for HC behind the scenes, in addition to designing, and will continue to design for them and be excluded from the voting.  I'm so thrilled and relieved!!!  The voting can be a little bit stressful for sure!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Festive Ornaments

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3620 - Festive Ornaments PreCut Set

Other Products:

Paper: Natural White (Neenah)
Ink: VersaMark Watermark, Wheat, Perfect Plumeria (VersaMagic), Antique Linen Distress (Ranger), Green Tea, Creamy Cocoa (PowderPuffs-Quick Quotes)
Accessories: Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), heat tool, distressing tool, make-up applicators, pop dots.

Instructions: Make card base with Natural White measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Stamp Festive Ornaments image with VersaMark on Natural White and heat emboss with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel applying heat from underneath. Color with inks and make-up applicators as desired. Trim image down to 4 1/16" x 5 5/16", distress edges with tool and add to base with pop dots.

Stamp 1 leaf spray and 1 small swirl from Holly Berry Set, die cut with matching dies, color in same manner as Festive Ornaments and shape with mat and tool kit. Stamp Christmas Poinsettia Set using same method as Festive Ornaments and die cut with matching die. Select 4 smallest flowers and the third and fifth largest flowers. Color with inks and shape with mat and tool kit. Arrange leaves and flowers as pictured and glue down. Add Bisque Liquid Pearls to flower centers.





12 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, Kathy! LOVE the vintage look! Pinned for future inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thi sis nothing less than breathtaking, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kathy! This is one of the most beautiful Christmas cards I've ever seen. I love the soft colors and wonderfully stamped images. You have such a gift for pairing color and images...I'm always just thrilled to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Oh My! Instant calm an dreamland. What a soft and calming card. What else is there to say. Wonderful card. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love the heat embossing and water color look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Kathy, totally stunning creation, love the colour tones, beautiful flowers and layout,..
    I bet it is really stressful, if you have to wait to see if you`ll be on the design team again.. can understand why your happy..
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. These soft subtle tones are absolutely AMAZING, Kathy, WOW - you really amaze me and I am SO grateful to have you share your talents with us. I wanted to let you know that since you entered our challenge, you can be entered to win a brand new copy of the movie God's Not Dead. Just follow the link to Heather's blog and leave a comment to be entered,
    Thanks again for sharing your incredible talent with us, Kathy It means so much, and your card is LOVELY!
    Hus,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful work, Kathy, so soft and pretty! Congrats on your happy news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pretty softness of this card, I like how the veins in the flower petals are a light color instead of dark!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pastels are so pretty and the layout is very pleasing. We are always so happy when you take time to post with us.
    God Bless you,
    Carole, Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful card, so detailed but yet not overwhelming. I love it. I'm now following your lovely Christian blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!