Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Monday, October 13, 2014

Guest Designer Craft Hoarders Anonymous


Happy Monday!

I'm so excited to be a guest designer this month for the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog! I love Gloria Stengel's work and she's put together a really fun challenge blog for all of us! Here is the challenge going on right now:


Challenge #17 Happy Fall, Y'all!
Many of us like to purchase NEW seasonal products EVERY season. What happens to last year's fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving products? We HOARD them! Drag out those hoarded fall-themed items and make a project to share with us! You can make something for fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, or any other fall or harvest celebration!



**You have until October 19th, 11:50 pm PT to enter the challenge here.


Here's my rather clean and simple card for the challenge this week!




In following the challenge theme, I used an old stamped image from my stash. I keep uncolored stamped images together in a recipe card box and found this one in there from a LONG time ago. (If you are interested in craft room organization tips, you can read more about my using recipe card boxes on my post here.) I used watercolor paper to stamp the image on which tells me it was from a few years ago!  I don't even remember the last time I used watercolor paper! I colored the image with pencils and mineral spirits and then fussy cut it. You know, it's not easy to fussy cut watercolor paper!

The card base is made using Mocha Devine card stock and measures 4 1/4" square. I added a So Saffron mat measuring 4 1/16" square and stamped it with a sentiment using Rich Cocoa. I then partially embossed the mat with Square Lattice Embossing Folder and added a piece of Brown Twill across to cover the embossed edge. This was added with pop dots to the card base.

I added the image to the mat using pop dots and finished the card with a couple of rhinestones on the top right and microbeads sparsely added to the flower centers of the image.

Card recipe:

Stamps: Sunflower II (Rubber Stampede), Season of Thanks (SU)
Paper: Watercolor, Mocha Devine (Bazzills), So Saffron (SU)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Accessories: Brown Twill (Really Reasonable Ribbon), rhinestones (Want 2 Scrap), Antique Copper Microbeads (Recollections), Square Lattice Embossing Folder (SU), pop dots, mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Burnt Ochre, Chocolate, Black, Kelp Green, Marine Green.

Thanks for stopping by to visit today!

Blessings!

Kathy



11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kathy. Love the sun flower with the micro beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, it is such an honor to feature your work on Craft Hoarders this month! I love your style so much. I also got a giggle because I have that sentiment stamp in my hoard, too! I have a bin of Fall/Thanksgiving/Halloween stamps and most of them have been used once (or never)! So sad for those stamps! hee hee Sorry we had a glitch with your photo, but it is fixed now! Thanks for being patient! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring skills are amazing, Kathy! I just love those sunflowers! I love the pop of bling in the corner with the texture. Perfect balance for you card. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, love your wonderful card design, beautiful colouring on your flower, lovely colours and sentiment.
    Congratulations on your GDT.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous, I love the textures and layers! It's been a pleasure having you Guest Design here at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy...your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love it's simple lines. Simple and elegant. I love the colors you have used. Those sunflowers with the beaded centers are stunning. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love your card!! So happy you are joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! I have always been a huge fan! Thanks for being a guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, your work is always absolute perfection! This is one of the prettiest fall cards I've seen! YOu have such a gift for using color. The texture is amazing....Thank you so much for being our guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning! Its simplicity allows your fabulous coloring to take center stage, and the sentiment's font is a perfect match with the card's sensibility. Those micro dots are the crowning touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, such a pretty background for your lovely colored flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!