Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Violet Friendship Rose


Happy Wednesday!

I'm back with another card using the Classic Rose Collection from Heartfelt Creations! This is a fairly simple one using one of the card fronts from the Classic Rose Paper Collection, a pretty friendship sentiment stamped directly on it and an added flower to match.





Here's a little close up of the flower.




For the flower I used the Classic Rose Cling and matching Classic Rose Die. They were colored with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps and shaped using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Emma Lou has a great video tutorial on how to shape roses using this collection you can find here.

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #250-251 - Anything Goes
Just Keep on Creating - October - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


Violet Friendship Rose

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3752 - Classic Rose Cling
HCPC 3744 - Botanic Orchid Wishes
HCD1-7110 - Classic Rose Die
HCPC1-270 - Classic Rose Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear


Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, Recollections White, The Paper Studio Green Jewel; Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Quick Quotes Purple Passion; Accessories: mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Kelp Green, Marine Green, Imperial Violet, Dioxazine Purple Hue, adhesive pearls, distressing tool, Scotch Mounting Tape

Watch this video https://youtu.be/Z8P070kC3oo to learn how to create dimensional roses with the Classic Rose Collection.

Instructions: Card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Cut Green Jewel 4 1/4" x 11", score at 5 1/2" and fold to make card base. Cut white cardstock 4 1/16" x 5 5/16", distress edges and add to base with Scotch Mounting Tape. Cut card panel (pictured) from paper collection, stamp sentiment from Botanic Orchid Wishes with black ink, ink edges with Purple Passion Ink and glue down to white mat.

Stamp foliage and flower petals from Classic Rose Cling onto Solar White with Onyx Black Ink. Using pencils and mineral spirits, color 2 small flowers, one each of the next size up and one foliage. Die cut with matching dies from the Classic Rose Die Set. Shape with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Glue foliage and flower to card front as pictured. Add adhesive pearls.

4 comments:

  1. I always love to come visit. I have been a huge fan for a very long time! This piece just speaks to me and that rose is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!