Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Violet Rose Fold Over Bookmark


Happy Wednesday!

***The winner of last week's Black Friday Blog Hop is Diana Joy from Angelica's Blog. Diana will need to email info@heartfeltcreations.us with her details to claim her awesome prize!

It's time for a little inspiration for you from Heartfelt Creations! This week I have a quick and easy fold over bookmark that makes a cute gift!




I left the front fairly simple, but you can easily add a sentiment or quote on the bottom to personalize it. The flower and leaves are from the Classic Rose Stamp Set and matching Classic Rose Die. They were colored with pencils and mineral spirits and shaped with the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.

I made the bookmark from cardstock and the Classic Rose Paper Collection. The front of the bookmark is a pre-made tag from the collection. The back of the bookmark has paper from the collection and an adhesive pearl.




Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designer this week!

I'm submitting this to the following Challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #258-259 - Anything Goes
Craft Carmakers #178 - Anything But a Card

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Violet Rose Fold Over Bookmark

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3752 - Classic Rose Cling
HCD1-7110 - Classic Rose Die
HCD1-7108 - Snow Kissed Flakes & Tag Die
HCD 745 - Luggage & Tags Die
HCPC1-270 - Classic Rose Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal
Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 - Designer Dries Clear
Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, The Paper Studio Green Jewel; Inks: VersaFine Onyx Black, Quick Quotes Purple Passion; Accessories: mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Prussian Green, Dark Green, Black, Imperial Violet, Dioxazine Purple Hue, adhesive pearls, hot glue gun, 1/4" scor-tape, Clear Wink of Stella

Watch this video https://youtu.be/Z8P070kC3oo to learn how to create dimensional roses with the Classic Rose Collection.

Instructions: Bookmark measures approximately 3" x 4 1/4". You can find instructions for fold over bookmarks here. (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/try-new-technique-f44/tlc392-%7E-fold-over-bookmark-%7E-8-27-12-a-t559984.html) For my bookmark, I used the Festive Tag Die from the Snow Kissed Flakes & Tag Die for the base. Die cut once with Green Jewel and again with designer paper from the collection. Ink edges of designer paper tag with Purple Passion Ink. Adhere top 3/4" of tag pieces together using Scor-Tape. Using the Luggage and Tags Die, cut pre-made tag from the paper collection. Ink edges of tag with Purple Passion Ink and glue down to Green Jewel tag.

Stamp small rose petals (2 small, 1 medium) and foliage from Classic Rose Cling on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink. Color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps. Die cut with matching dies from the Classic Rose Die Set. Shape petals using Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit into one flower. Add foliage and flower as pictured. Accent with adhesive pearls. Brush lightly with Clear Wink of Stella on flowers and die cut leaves.


7 comments:

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!