Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Owl of Us Tree


Happy Wednesday!

This week I have a card for you using the Sugar Hollow Collection!  This is such a cute collection of owls and I love this little tree!





The tree and owl were colored with pencils and mineral spirits and cut with their matching dies.  The white card mat behind them were partially embossed with the Wire Fence Embossing Folder and the sentiment was stamped on the un-embossed portion.  Another fairly simple card to make!

Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations' Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #294-295 - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Owl of Us Tree

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by Heartfelt Creations:

HCPC 3719 - Sugar Hollow Tree Cling
HCPC 3718 - Sugar Hollow Bungalow Cling
HCD1-785 - Sugar Hollow Tree Die
HCD1-786 - Sugar Hollow Bungalow Die
Stamp Mat Pad
Scor-Pal

Other Products: Paper: Neenah Solar White, Recollections White, Coordinations Hawaiian Orchid; Inks: Onyx Black VersaFine; Accessories: Darice Wire Fence Embossing Folder, White Opal Liquid Pearls, Pebbles Chalks blue & pink, half pearls, Clear Wink of Stella, twine, Bow-Easy Tool, glue dots, Scotch Mounting Tape, mineral spirits, paper stumps, Prismacolor Pencils: Light Umber, Espresso, French Greys 30, 50, 90%, Mulberry, Dahlia Purple, Olive Green, Black

Instructions: Card measures 4" x 4 3/4". Cut Hawaiian Orchid cardstock 9 1/2" x 4", score at 4 3/4" and fold to make card base. Cut white cardstock 4 9/16" x 3 13/16", emboss all but the bottom 3/4" of piece and stamp sentiment from Sugar Hollow Tree Cling in un-embossed area. Wrap twine around as pictured and secure on back. Add to card with Scotch Mounting Tape.

Stamp family tree from Sugar Hollow Tree Set and owl from Sugar Hollow Bungalow Set on Solar White with Onyx Black. Color with pencils and mineral spirits using paper stumps, then die cut with matching dies from Sugar Hollow Tree Die and Sugar Hollow Bungalow Die Sets. Add tree and owl as pictured using Scotch Mounting Tape. Add Liquid Pearls to flower centers. Add Clear Wink of Stella to flowers.

Make a multi-loop bow with twine and Bow-Easy Tool. Add to tree trunk using glue dots. Add adhesive pearls as shown.

5 comments:

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!